The Experimental Explosion Lecture (ExELect) provides an unforgettable educational experience for participants.
Who should attend
• People who work with chemicals, gases and other materials
• Technicians, supervisors, engineers, quality managers or safety, health and environmental managers at manufacturing plants
• Staff who formulate policy, implement plans or influence procedures that are part of an employee safety program
What you will experience
• Physical explosions, chemical explosions, dust explosions
• What happens when a pressurized liquid goes above its boiling point
• How different kinds of vapours behave under different conditions
• What an implosion looks like
• And much more…
How to prevent accidents
At the end of the course, you will have a clear understanding of the risks involved when working with flammable or explosive materials. You can identify sources of ignition, the influence of geometry, confinement and other environmental risk factors. You will also know what safety precautions you can take to prevent explosive incidents.
Customised for your organisation
ExElect is a scalable portfolio of demonstrations, carried out at any location with the proper facilities:
• ExELect Basic: This is a short course demonstrating experiments as part of your safety event. Duration: 2 hours
• ExELect Full Workshop: This is a complete overview of the most common process safety subjects, explained by means of live demonstrations, theoretical background and discussion. Duration: 4 hours
• ExELect Custom: This is a workshop consisting of subjects of choice that apply to the needs of your organisation. We encourage the use of examples from your real life practice – for that, your input is appreciated. An intake interview to prepare your tailored workshop is part of the service.